Friday, January 7, 2011

Aaron's

These are all from Grooveshark, since I haven't bought new music in over a year and a half.

1. Editors - An End Has a Start. I like this more than their new one. Also, I often confuse Editors and the National. There. I said it.

2. Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight. They're Scottish, and therefore have no problem singing in ridiculous accents or in using execrable language in love songs.

I should note that I found FR by sifting through the SXSW bands a couple of years ago. How about that?

3. The Thermals - F***in' A. You kind of have to be in the right mood for this. The kind of mood where you want to listen to a guy yell at you for 45 minutes.

4. Sunny Day Real Estate - How it feels to be something on. At one time last year, I was using Groovshark to listen to some old music that I hadn't heard in a long time. I came up with that playlist of songs I remember from the radio in high school, listened to some albums I have lost (like this one), and from there went on a 90's post-hardcore, early emo jag. Anyway, I eventually found this album. I had only heard earlier and later stuff from Sunny Day, and this blew my freaking mind. So here you go.

I had for similar reasons considered an earlier The Promise Ring album, but figured I had to hurry up and post something or Andrew would feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment