This is the one that I don't feel as attached to. I guess I have to be in a particular mood before I sit down and listen to it, but I'm always glad when I do. I think it works better for me as an album, and I shouldn't let my mp3 player shuffle through this one with the rest of my music.
Or maybe I'm hesitant because I first heard one of their songs on an episode of Chuck.
Anyway, it's good driving music, but not great for while working out.
Favorite songs: 4 - Detlef Schrempf, 7 - Islands on the Coast, and 9 - Cigarettes, Wedding Bands.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The first track I heard from this album was No-One's Gonna Love You. I was glad to hear the rest of it was different and less whiny.
ReplyDeleteI agree--good driving music, good walking around the city music, and best when taken all at once. I thought the latter was a good observation. The songs in this album seem to work better in context than as stand-alone numbers.
How can you not like an album that has a song about (or at least titled after) Detlef Schrempf?
Favourite tracks:
ReplyDelete1 (like the bigger sound), 7 and 9.
Does anyone else hear Supertramp?
Yeah, Supertramp. I would have made that observation if I had known any British progressive rock bands from the 70s.
ReplyDelete