Monday, January 25, 2010

Band of Horses - Everything All The Time

Ah, Sub Pop Records. I'm willing to overlook the Nirvana and the Soundgarden for The Shins, Flight of the Conchords, Postal Service, and the Band of Horses.

I know I had heard BoH before, but I didn't get interested in them until a mate sent me this video (it's like parkour on a bike, and makes anything I've ever accomplished in my life look absolutely pathetic and amateurish by comparison). The lead vocals remind me a lot of The Shins, and I don't care what Aaron says. Listen to Track 2-Wicked Gil and tell me there's nothing there.

It's an album that I can pretty much listen to any time (All The Time?), but by favourites tend to vacillate depending on my mood. I'm a big fan of tracks 2 (Wicked Gil), 4 (The Funeral), 6 (The Great Salt Lake), and 9 (Monsters).

1 comment:

  1. Didn't I post a comment on this? I guess it didn't take.

    Anyway, I agree with Nate. BoH is best on their "big sound" songs.

    ReplyDelete