The TSCs are from Lubbock, in case you hadn't guessed. You have to allow yourself to entertain the possibility of liking country music (it's hard, or was for me, anyway), and you'll get a lot out of it.
I originally heard the 2nd track (Days we Remember) on the radio (KTXT, RIP), and loved it. The blend of latin and country was something that I hadn't ever heard before, and it really sounded like Lubbock. The latin sound is less pronounced on most of the other tracks, but it's all Lubbock. If anyone wonders what it feels like to live here, this album should give you a pretty good idea.
My favorite tracks: 2 - Days we Remember, 4 - Black Blizzard and 14 - So Young.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know who these guys remind me of? I'll give you a hint--it's another "local band" that we used to like in years past. It's really more the lead vocals that remind me of Clover more than anything else, but there is definitely something to recommend here. I like the country instrumental blend too.
ReplyDeleteAlso, call me sentimental, but track 3 really "does it for me." As soon as it finished this morning, I gave it another spin.